I have been there and done that. Got the T-shirt but never a flat tummy 😦
I mean, it is every lady’s desire. Some flaunt it naturally. some, like I, have to sweat it out. Well, for others, blame their genetic makeup.
Giving credit where it is due, i love the infused water on a hot day coz it cleanses my pallet and leaves me refreshed. Much nore than plain water.
So, this is what happened.
I accidentally fell on a deal at Naivas. We were in Nairobi and happened to pass by Naivas while window shopping at a new mall with my trolley pusher. At the corner of my eye, i could swear i saw a deal. I hunt for savings and deals since a budget no longer makes sense. The cost of things keeps on flying off the roof. So, what does a girl gotta do?
- Make a list of requirements for the month.
- Window shopping, both online and offline. In the process, i have discovered that Indian grocery shops will make you dine like a King on a pauper’s earnings.
- Shop for what is needed at the moment and not what is required.
- Brand loyalty. Throw that out the window coz now we are in the process of learning how to make our own soap, detergent, bleach and God knows what else.
- Everything else that cannot be purchased at that moment, keep an eye out for deals in the supermaket, Jumia, Indian shops, wholesales etc. Just be hungry for a deal. Even animal protein aka beef, chicken, pork, goat etc, go to the slaughterhouse or buy from one who rears.
CBK is looking forward to September 30th 2019. Majority of Kenyans are looking forward for some change in the pocket to go to Java for a cup of hot ginger and samosa without feeling guilty about it.
And that ladies and gentlemen, is how some of us are naturally flaunting flat tummies. No genetics or sweat involved. All thanks to the Government of the day.
- 1kg fresh cucumber
- 1 medium size lemon (imported preferably)
- 1 bunch of fresh mint.
- Wash with (veggie) soap thoroughly.
- Dice into a good size that can fit into the feeder of your juicer.
- Let’s make some juice.
Take the juice first thing in the morning and last thing before you sleep.
I used double the amount of ingredients, because all my housemates are now addicted to my green juice.
Benefits i derive from this juice
- Regular bowel movements i.e at least twice a day. Make google your friend
- My tummy feels lighter. Not yet smaller.
- More energetic.
In the absence of a juicer, blend thoroughly and run through a muslin cloth or a very fine sieve.
Back to my story, got the juicer from Naivas Nyali when i got back home for 3,400/-. It is simple and basic and gets the job done.
Take advantage of the sales competition between Tuskys and Naivas. On the brighter side, you get to walk more while hunting for deals which is healthier for you and your medical bills.